The Object of the Game
This puzzle doesn't seem to have much to it. At first glance, all you see are ten sliding pieces in varying sizes. The goal of this puzzle is to get the one red piece, which is meant to represent the sun, to the bottom of the board in order to move through the slot.
This, in turn, will create the effect of the setting of the sun! It may seem like a simple task; however, it can become pretty frustrating. For those needing some help, please view the next section below which will include the sun puzzle answers.
Setting Sun Puzzle Solution
What makes the setting sun puzzle hard to solve is the fact that the pieces are not all the same in size. In order to figure out the setting sun puzzle solution, one must turn to mathematics and visual problem-solving. The piece that represents the sun is double the size of the smaller pieces, making it a 2x2 block.
This is what makes the puzzle difficult to figure out. The way to figure out the solution is by taking simple steps to move the sun closer to its goal.
- Move the center black piece all the way to the right from its starting position.
- Now that you have moved the black piece, this has opened up room to move the two yellow pieces that were underneath it. Move the first one up and to the left.
- Move the second yellow piece up to where it is underneath the sun.
- Next, move the black piece that is now at the bottom left all the way to the right.
- Now, you can move the yellow pieces to fit where the black piece was positioned in the previous step.
- The black tile should now be moved to the left of the board.
- The two yellow pieces should now be moved. The first one should be moved up and to the right with the next yellow piece being moved up. You should now have a gap directly beneath it.
- You can now slide the black piece to the right to fit into the gap.
- Next, move the bottom yellow piece to the right and the other downwards.
- You can now freely move the black piece down one.
- Move the two yellow pieces all the way to the left, then move the two bottom black pieces up.
- You should now have a gap at the bottom right. Slide the two yellow pieces to the right to fit into the gap.
- Slide the black piece down one. Then move the yellow piece down and to the left so that there are two yellow pieces on top of one another.
- Now, you can move the two black tiles to the left. Afterward, move the next black tile down to fit next to them.
- Yay! Now, you can move the sun to the right.
- Move the black piece up, while sliding the other two to the left position.
- You can now move the bottom yellow pieces upwards to sit beside the black tile.
- Now, slide the bottom black tile all the way to the right.
- Then, move the yellow pieces to the very bottom.
- Slide the middle black tiles over.
- Slide the bottom yellow piece to the left and up one.
- You can now move the black tile up one.
- Move both of the yellow pieces to the right.
- Afterwards, move the two black tiles down.
- Slide both yellow pieces to the right.
- You can now move the black tile up one.
- Move the yellow tile that is on the bottom left up one. Then, move it to the right.
- Next, move one of the black tiles to the right, leaving a gap between the two.
- Slide both the yellow and black tiles downwards.
- Move the uppermost black tile to the right.Then move both yellow and black pieces to fit in its place.
- Now, you can move the yellow piece left and up.
- Move the two black tiles downwards.
- Slide the yellow tile at the top to the right. Then, move the black and yellow tiles to fit beside it.
- Slide one of the bottom black pieces to the left, then slide the other black tiles to fit in between.
- Move the yellow to the right and up one.
- Slide the black piece down and the yellow ones to fit on top of it.
- Use the gap to slide the black piece upwards.
- Move the black to the left.
- Move the top yellow tile to the left, then down.
- Use the gap to move both the sun and the black tile downwards.
- Slide both yellow tiles right.
- Move the four black tiles upward. Then, move both the yellow tiles to the left.
- You can now move the sun and the black town down.
- Slide the yellow piece to fit underneath the other.
- Move both black pieces to the right.
- Now, move the black tile up one.
- Slide the sun and the black tile left.
- You should now have the sun in middle of the board. Move the two yellow pieces downwards. Then, move all the black pieces to the right.
- Now move the remaining black tile to fit next to the others.
- Move the sun left one. Next, move the bottom yellow tile left and up to sit next to the sun.
- Move the last black tile upwards. Then slide both the yellow pieces underneath it.
- The sun can now be moved down. Then, slide both the yellow pieces again to fit on top of it.
- Move the black tile up one. Now, move the yellow piece up and to the right so that it fits directly above the other yellow piece.
- You can now move the sun to the middle position and through the gap in the board!