12 Facts You Don't Know about Canada - Happy Canada Day!
Welcome to Canada, Eh?
In honor of Canada Day on July 1st, we travelled across the world to discover some of the most fascinating facts about the country of Canada. From British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada is full of unique experiences and rich history. Here are 12 of the most interesting facts about Canada!
1. Canada’s national and most popular sport is Ice Hockey.
2. The temperature in Canada ranges from, on average, -30 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius.
3. Although Canada is a bilingual country, the province of Quebec is the only place that speaks primarily French.
4. Niagara Falls boarders Canada and the United States and is the 9th largest waterfall in the world.
5.Canada has the second largest land mass in the world behind Russia.
6. Snow skiing and snowboarding are popular activities in the winter months.
7. Canada was the 1st country to pass a national multiculturalism law. Immigrants now represent 20% of the country’s population.
8. The national animals of Canada include the beaver, goose, moose, and polar bear.
9. In Canada, the driver of a car sits on the left side.
10. The population in Canada is just over 37 million people, with approximately 2.7 million people living in Toronto, Ontario
11. The most common Canadian cuisine includes maple syrup, bacon, and poutine (crispy French fries with gravy and cheese curds).
12. The most famous Canadian artists include Justin Bieber, Drake, and Shania Twain.
Written by: Daniela Hofland, Max Levy